Eating & Drinking

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Eating vs. Drinking

I am a fiend when it comes to drinking fresh squeezed orange juice. What a wonderfully effortless and delightful way of sucking in all that wonderful flavors fruits of all kinds give out without having to work at it; no peeling, pitting, and chomping to extract the small morsels of sweets and tarts. Juice gives up that wonderful tastes in abundance. I love starting out a sunny morning with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. Aaaah....

I never doubted the benefit of drinking juice, until I heard a wise tidbit this morning on public radio. The show asked a simple question, why drink juice when you can eat the fruit. I've grown up lazy in my generation. Everyone is on the go and doesn't have time to stop and eat a proper meal. Well, the news is fruits are better eaten than drunk! You take in all the benefits and none of the sweets and calories. In juice form, one consumes most of the frutose and take in the least of nutrients. Also, eating a fruit helps you moderate the amount of in-take. You can drink a lot of juice, but you would be full and satisfied with eating far less of a fruit.

I'm turning over a new leaf. I will stock up on fruits and savor the occasional glass of juice, perhaps make myself a mimosa instead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home