Eating & Drinking

Thursday, January 01, 2009

WD50

I thought of that lubricant that calms squeaky wheels when I heard the name WD50, but that's as far as my smarts go. As Martina and I drove up to 50 Clinton street where Wylie Dufresne runs his molecular gastronomy she says, 'silly, it's named after his name and the street number!'

The food was simply great!

Martina and I chose the 8 course tasting that served up little bites of chemistry sets. I ordered the wine pairings to mix it all up with. I was wowed by some dishes and found a couple too smart for my little noggin. The wines were simple and unpretentious. The flavors complemented the flavors so well. I was taken in by the marriage of sherry and foie gras terrine.

The best part of the evening of course was meeting chef Dufresne in his immaculate kitchen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home