Eating & Drinking

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Pre school menu

My son is about to start pre school. He and I will both be joining a co-op program that calls for parents to participate in the daily activities. One of the duty is to provide snacks for the children. In my group, there will be 9 children. The school is strictly vegetarian with restrictions on nuts of any kind. I heard also that we have a child with allergy to sesame seeds and oils. My challenge is to provide a finger snacks for 9 children that includes the following food groups.

2 vegetables
2 fruits
1 protein
1 grain

For my first attempt I plan on doing the following:
  • vegetable oil [grapeseed oil] fried cubes of tofu (protein)
  • apple frites (fruit)
  • blueberries or more ambitious banana tempora (batter made from eggs and flour) (protein/fruit)
  • cucumber sandwiches (grain/veg)
  • zucchini chips
To serve I will use the skiphop mini bowls that came with the palette tray. I bought a dozen of those during Lucian's first year to stock up on puree meals. I will have to look for other vessels for the remaining items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home